Friday, October 8, 2010

Circle Scarf

I made this a few days ago, but I only just now uploaded it so I'm sorry for that delay.

This is another part of the non-knitted knitted items I'm making. I used the scrap piece from the vest that I made a week or two ago to make this little scarf. I like it lots and hopefully you will too!





This is realy easy and should only take about 15 minutes.

This is the piece I started with.



Cut your piece into strips. They should be kind of wide but still longer than they are wide. I didn't do anything aprox. because I felt that wasn't really important.




Next fold one of your strips in half, right sides together and sew to make it into a loop.



Turn right side out and take a second piece. Thread it through your loop and sew it together with right sides together.



Turn that loop right side out and you should have something like this.



Repeat until you've used all but the last piece. When you get to your last piece, loop it through both the last link and the first link so you have a full circle.



Sew and you are done! The scarf/necklace should easily fit over your head because it's a knit so it should stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment